Sunday, March 21, 2010

Its been forever


I have not written in a LONG time. I have thought about it a few times but I post a lot on facebook so I don't always feel like I have much more to say. Today I am home in bed feeling pretty sick (Chris and Zachary are at church) so I figured I would go ahead and do some updating.
Zachary is huge. :) Not fat - just really big. He is a couple of inches longer than average for his age (I cant believe hes already almost 4 months!). He gets more and more fun every week. He has started reaching for and picking up things constantly - most of those things end up in his mouth...including his thumb which has recently become a favorite.
We are still working on his sleep schedule. We have had a lot of things going on the last couple of weeks so its been hard to keep it regular. However, the other night he went to bed at 10 and woke up at 3am...I just put the pacifier back in his mouth though and he slept until 6am...hopefully we are making progress.

I really feel like he is ready to start trying solid foods but the doctor said to wait until after his 4 month well check up so I will be good and wait..just a couple more weeks.

The boy LOVES mornings (dont know where he gets THAT from). He is the most smiley and talkative in the morning. He really is such a good baby...and darn cute if I do say so myself! ;)
I remember thinking, before he was born, that I wondered if I would have trouble remembering to enjoy him in between all of the endless tasks that babies require. I have always loved children and loved playing with and entertaining other peoples children but I knew it would be different when the child was there all the time. I just hoped I wouldnt forget to have fun and just love holding him and listening to him and paying close attention to him "learning" the world - which has always been so much fun to me to watch with other kids. Well, I am definitely NOT worried about that anymore. :) I really, really enjoy him and love watching him and the best thing about holding him is...I DONT HAVE TO GIVE HIM BACK! ;) He is mine to take with me!

I am so happy to be able to stay home with him and enjoy my family.

I was just thinking the other day how much I love our little family. I have the best husband and son in the wide world and I am so thankful for them.

Ok, enough bragging... ;)

On the other hand - I need motivation to get more things done around the house and to exercise and stuff like that. I have good intensions that are often not fulfilled and I need to work on that. A;so, as of now things are really tight financially. We both want me to be able to continue to stay at home and raise our son, but I really need to find something part time that will work with my schedule and bring in at least a little more $. I appreciate your prayers on that issue. I trust that God will provide and he has and is doing so, so I know he will make the best option possible.

So glad Spring is here (though my nose isn't) and so hopeful for the weather to stay warm!

We have lots of little trips coming up soon and I am looking forward to them and hoping the travel goes smoothly.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment