Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Harris Teeter and Mat Kearney

Chris took me to Charleston on Monday to see Mat Kearney in concert...this was my third time seeing him, but it was still pretty much awesome! He is my favorite! We had a great time and the weather was just perfect for playing in Charleston.
Right before we left the house I happen to look online and see that Harris Teeter was doing "triple coupons" again. We dont have a Harris Teeter but we happened to go in once when we were in Charleston when they were doing this before...they triple manufact. coupons up to $.99 so you can get a lot of stuff for free or for just a few cents. I decided that I wanted to go again...living on 1 income means I wanna save on food whenever possible. Chris thought it was ridiculous that I had 4 or 5 hours to kill for my birthday in Charleston and I wanted to go to the grocery store :) but he was a trooper and let me anyway. We still had time to walk around downtown and the waterfront and eat at one of our fav places before the concert so it was all good.
I took a picture of the outcome....
We spent $18.69 on $100.37 worth of groceries after coupons and vic card savings! I was pretty excited. That's an average of 33 CENTS an item.
I know theres a lot of stuff in the picture, but we got stuff from mustard to toothpaste to blueberry muffin mix to toilet bowl cleaner.... too bad we don't have a Harris Teeter in Columbia anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment